Truly go local! Even in a popular city like Tokyo, you can find hidden gems and off-the-beaten-track adventures.
Explore this truly hidden gem neighborhood with a 100-year history of food and flavors. Meet some of Tokyo’s friendliest shop owners and hear their fascinating stories. Taste special snacks, and enjoy a delicious lunch. Those with a sweet tooth can also have fun trying a few things only available here, a visit to a local treat from a shop with a rich history of more than 100 years is a highlight to look forward to. This charming location has a great friendly atmosphere and creates original snacks and classics with a twist found nowhere else in Tokyo. Immerse yourself in this nostalgic neighborhood and visit regional shops celebrating prefectures (regions) across Japan, stop at a famous temple, and learn about this haven for older Tokyo residents who are still quite young a heart! The places we go around are wheelchair and stroller accessible.
Departure Point: The front of Aoyama Flower Market shop inside the Sugamo Station entrance area.Start Time(s): 11:30Duration: 3 hoursReturn Details: Jizo Dori AreaIncluded:
- Experience an authentic slice of downtown Tokyo life missed by many visitors
- Discover Japan’s regional and traditional flavors
- Hear fascinating stories behind food, culture, history, and the local way of life
- Enjoy an authentic lunch, dessert and a delicious array of tastings and snacks
- Visit places with more than 100 years of history and have a taste of Sugamo’s local culture and traditions
• Try local dishes at 5 food stops
• Lunch in a local restaurant
• 1 drink
• Local English speaking guidePrice: ¥20,000 per personNot Included:
• Hotel pick up not included (can be arranged for an additional charge)
• Transportation costs
• Additional drinks or food (not included but possible to purchase at guest expense)Extra Details:
Days offered: Monday to Sunday
Minimum number of participants: 2
Maximum number of participants: 10Booking:
If you are interested in booking this tour, please use the following link:
Disclaimer: While we have partnered with some of these tour operators to help create tours, not all have been checked in person and should just be considered a starting point. Accessible Japan does not handle the booking, transactions, or coordination of the tour itself. It is essential that you discuss your disability with the tour operator to ensure your needs are properly accommodated. Some of these tours are affiliate links and Accessible Japan may receive a small fee for any sales generated from purchases made with these links. This helps Accessible Japan continue to provide information to travelers with disabilities.