The retro district of Shinsekai is unique – there is nothing like it anywhere else in the world. Step back in time and taste the flavors of this nostalgic post-war area that stands out among others in Japan. Immerse yourself in the down-to-earth vibe of this must-see neighborhood that is rich in history and colorful stories. Visit places you would have never imagined existed with our local expert to guide you every step of the way. Bring your appetite with you and sample local dishes that shaped the spirit of the Osaka merchant culture. You wouldn’t want to miss this unforgettable tour and lose out on the chance to discover off the beaten paths and back alleys, hear fascinating stories behind food, culture, history, and the local way of life! The places we go around are wheelchair and stroller accessible. However strollers are not accessible at the evening tour.
Departure Point: Base of Tsutenkaku TowerStart Time(s): 10:30 and 17:00Duration: 3 hoursReturn Details: Base of Tsutenkaku TowerIncluded:
- Go back in time and visit eateries, local spots, and entertainment areas dating back to the early 1900s.
- Taste some flavors of the past the reflect the spirit of the Osaka merchant culture.
- Hear interesting insider stories about the small details and deep history that you could never find on your own!
- Discover vintage local gems unique to this nostalgic you won’t find anywhere else.
- See Shinsekai through the eyes of a local and make some wonderful memories
• Try local dishes at 5 food stops
• 1 Drink
• Local English-speaking guidePrice: ¥20,000 per personNot Included:
• Hotel pick up not included (can be arranged for an additional charge)
• Transportation costs
• Additional drinks or food (not included but possible to purchase at guest expense)Extra Details:
Days offered: Monday to Saturday
Minimum number of participants: 2
Maximum number of participants: 10Booking:
If you are interested in booking this tour, please use the following links:
Disclaimer: While we have partnered with some of these tour operators to help create tours, not all have been checked in person and should just be considered a starting point. Accessible Japan does not handle the booking, transactions, or coordination of the tour itself. It is essential that you discuss your disability with the tour operator to ensure your needs are properly accommodated. Some of these tours are affiliate links and Accessible Japan may receive a small fee for any sales generated from purchases made with these links. This helps Accessible Japan continue to provide information to travelers with disabilities.