Experience some of Japan’s most amazing flavors and culture-defining ingredients. Develop a deeper understanding of what makes Japanese cuisine so exquisite and unique while hearing the stories of how food, culture, and history evolved in Nihombashi, one of Tokyo’s oldest and most influential culinary neighborhoods. Spend an afternoon like a local and experience the beautiful harmony of traditional and modern. Learn about the famous foods from different regions of Japan, the process of making them, and why they come from those areas. Visit shops that have hundreds of years of history, unearth how they have thrived over the years, and discover the beauty of Japan in this 3-hour adventure. The places we go around are wheelchair and stroller accessible.
Departure Point: In front of Starbucks, close to the famous Nihonbashi Bridge. (the branch nearest the bridge)Start Time(s): 10:30Duration: 3 hoursReturn Details: Nihombashi areaIncluded:
- Visit 7 food stops showcasing the different flavors, regions, and traditions of Japanese cuisine and tea.
- Indulge your senses with authentic Japanese traditional sweets made by an artisan paired with local green tea.
- Visit Japan’s oldest and most expensive fruit shop and a 300+-year-old knife shop.
- Enjoy delicious lunch choices of Soba, Tempura and Sashimi Set, Grilled Fish, or Chicken Sukiyaki (selection may vary depending on the season).
- Combine history and culture with delicious food and hear fascinating stories from our local expert.
• Try local dishes at 7 food stops
• Local Japanese Lunch
• One complimentary drink
• Regional food tasting
• Local English speaking guidePrice: ¥20,000 per personNot Included:
• Hotel pick up not included (can be arranged for an additional charge)
• Transportation costs
• Additional drinks or food (not included but possible to purchase at guest expense)Extra Details:
Days offered: Monday to Friday
Minimum number of participants: 2
Maximum number of participants: 10Booking:
If you are interested in booking this tour, please use the following link:
Disclaimer: While we have partnered with some of these tour operators to help create tours, not all have been checked in person and should just be considered a starting point. Accessible Japan does not handle the booking, transactions, or coordination of the tour itself. It is essential that you discuss your disability with the tour operator to ensure your needs are properly accommodated. Some of these tours are affiliate links and Accessible Japan may receive a small fee for any sales generated from purchases made with these links. This helps Accessible Japan continue to provide information to travelers with disabilities.