Every guidebook and checklist will tell you that the Asakusa area is a “Must See!” But we know you want to get off the beaten track and discover hidden spots and tasty treats that most tourists will never find. Travel back in time as you see rickshaws, red lanterns and nostalgic places reminiscent of Asakusa’s entertainment culture during Japan’s samurai era. Our local expert will share fascinating stories that will make the area come alive in your imagination. Sample an array of snacks and other food tastings as you walk the rustic streets and explore the area’s hidden gems. Enjoy a delicious lunch and a must-try melon pan (melon bread) – one of Japan’s best-kept secrets you wouldn’t want to miss. Experience a beautiful side of this town that many travelers don’t get to see – this is the perfect tour that will give you an authentic taste of history, culture and must-try foodie flavors!
Departure Point: In front of the Asakusa Culture and Tourism CenterStart Time(s): 11:00Duration: 3 hoursReturn Details: Return Details At the main gate of Sensoji Temple (Asakusa Area)Included:
- Experience an afternoon of great food and tradition in one of Tokyo’s must-see districts, Asakusa.
- Enjoy an authentic Japanese lunch at a place loved by locals.
- Hear exciting stories of the area as you explore hidden side streets and alleyways.
- Experience different regional flavors from all over Japan, including Japanese plums, pickles, rice crackers, tea, and more (subject to change based on the season).
- Get an insider’s perspective of what makes this traditional area unique and unforgettable.
• Regional Food Tastings and Street Food
• Local lunch with Tea
• One Drink Included
• Dessert Included
• Local English-speaking guidePrice: ¥21,200 per personNot Included:
• Hotel pick up not included (can be arranged for an additional charge)
• Transportation costs
• Additional drinks or food (not included but possible to purchase at guest expense)Extra Details:
Days offered: Monday to Friday
Minimum number of participants: 2
Maximum number of participants: 10Booking:
If you are interested in booking this tour, please use the following link:
Disclaimer: While we have partnered with some of these tour operators to help create tours, not all have been checked in person and should just be considered a starting point. Accessible Japan does not handle the booking, transactions, or coordination of the tour itself. It is essential that you discuss your disability with the tour operator to ensure your needs are properly accommodated.
Some of these tours are affiliate links and Accessible Japan may receive a small fee for any sales generated from purchases made with these links. This helps Accessible Japan continue to provide information to travelers with disabilities.