Hotel Category: High-Range (￥30,000～)
Though the Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo is located in Tokyo’s bustling Shinjuku ward, the hotel offers great access to the city, all while providing a relaxed, private oasis. The hotel is only a short walk to Shinjuku Station – enabling access to the entire city.
This luxury hotel offers a pool (June – September), business center, convenience store, shopping floor, food boutique, salon, and reflexology. Currency exchange and regular laundry services are also available.
11 restaurants offer a variety of cuisines including various Japanese specialties (sushi, soba, tempura, etc) as well as Chinese and European fares. 5 bars and even a karaoke lounge are available for guests to enjoy.
The Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo offers 10 wheelchair accessible rooms. The rooms are 35.5㎡ and have twin beds. One of the two beds is an electric reclining bed that has room for a hoist, and an optional guard rail.
In addition to the spacious size, the rooms also feature
- a flashing alarm / vibrating alarm in the bed
- 85cm wide entrance
- handle bar instead of a door knob
- wheelchair height outside monitor instead of a peephole
- touch card key
- sliding closet door and lowered hangers
- button-operated curtains
The bathroom has a 85cm wide sliding door and handle bar instead of a door knob. The bathtub has grab bars, a light shower-head, transfer board and non-slip mat upon request. The sink has a lever instead of a knob. The toilet features a backrest and arm rests.
There is no roll-in shower, but a shower chair can be used next to the bathtub.
The hotel must be contacted directly for accessible room bookings. As there are slight variations in the rooms, please be sure to discuss your needs when making your booking.
Pictures © Keio Plaza Hotel.
- Roll-in Shower: Shower chair beside bathtubShower Chair: YesRoom Type: TwinRoom Size (㎡): 35.5Number of Rooms: 10English Braille Available: UnknownHearing Loop Available: UnknownFlashing Alarm Available: YesGuide Dog Allowed: YesEnglish-Speaking Staff Available: Yes