Toyoko Inn reservation – I don’t speak Japanese

Welcome to the Accessible Japan community forums!

If you have a question about accessible travel in Japan, just pop it in one of the forums below and we'll find you an answer! If you don't know where your question should go, or have a suggestion for a new forum, plase put it in the General Discussion forum.

Also, if you have information that is not yet on the website, we would love it if you could add it here in the forum - it could help so many people looking for the same information! Thanks!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      RandyBloks
      Participant

This Spring we (2 persons, me and a caretaker) will travel to in Japan, and because of my medical issues we have to book a wheelchair accessible room in Kyoto. Our preferred hotel in Kyoto is one of the Toyoko Inn hotels. I tried to call 3 of the hotels who has a heartful/universal room, but nobody on the telephone spoke English, and I don’t speak Japanese. But reservations can only made by telephone.

Some details:

– From 14 to 19 March we would like to stay in Kyoto. (5 nights, 18-19 March is the last night)
      – We saw that Gojo-Karasuma has a ‘heartful twin’ still available(?). This Toyoko Inn has our preference. Otherwise Shijo-Omiya and Gojo-Omiya are also good to us. Shijo-Karasuma doesn’t have any accessible rooms left (for that period?).

We would be very pleased if anyone can help/advise us. Thank you in advance!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Accessible Japan
      Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, that is a huge problem.  We often bring it up with the Tourism Ministry.  Unfortunately, no changes yet.

Since we are not a registered travel agency, we unfortunately cannot book for you.  What you might try is booking via hotels.com (Gojo-Karasuma) with a regular room that you can cancel, and then send a message to the hotel afterwards via hotels.com’s system.  People in Japan tend to be much better with written communication over verbal.  Someone else we knew did this.

I think Terry can help too: https://www.angelo-services.com/travel-english

Hope this helps.

Caregiver Japan
      Participant

Hello, Randy!

I can book for you:)

Please come to my website and contact me.  https://caregiver-japan.com/

For Accessible Japan, I will try to keep talking to them to change the system.

Now, I am getting the real information by calling.

I hope 5 G change the translation system.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Accessible Japan
      Keymaster

Thank you for working with us for change!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply.