- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 1 month ago by Accessible Japan.
- January 3, 2020 at 12:32 am #6164RandyBloksParticipant
This Spring we (2 persons, me and a caretaker) will travel to in Japan, and because of my medical issues we have to book a wheelchair accessible room in Kyoto. Our preferred hotel in Kyoto is one of the Toyoko Inn hotels. I tried to call 3 of the hotels who has a heartful/universal room, but nobody on the telephone spoke English, and I don’t speak Japanese. But reservations can only made by telephone.
– From 14 to 19 March we would like to stay in Kyoto. (5 nights, 18-19 March is the last night)
– We saw that Gojo-Karasuma has a ‘heartful twin’ still available(?). This Toyoko Inn has our preference. Otherwise Shijo-Omiya and Gojo-Omiya are also good to us. Shijo-Karasuma doesn’t have any accessible rooms left (for that period?).
We would be very pleased if anyone can help/advise us. Thank you in advance!January 3, 2020 at 11:55 am #6165Accessible JapanKeymaster
Yes, that is a huge problem. We often bring it up with the Tourism Ministry. Unfortunately, no changes yet.
Since we are not a registered travel agency, we unfortunately cannot book for you. What you might try is booking via hotels.com (Gojo-Karasuma) with a regular room that you can cancel, and then send a message to the hotel afterwards via hotels.com’s system. People in Japan tend to be much better with written communication over verbal. Someone else we knew did this.
I think Terry can help too: https://www.angelo-services.com/travel-english
Hope this helps.January 24, 2020 at 9:29 pm #6235Caregiver JapanParticipant
I can book for you:)
Please come to my website and contact me. https://caregiver-japan.com/
For Accessible Japan, I will try to keep talking to them to change the system.
Now, I am getting the real information by calling.
I hope 5 G change the translation system.January 24, 2020 at 10:04 pm #6236Accessible JapanKeymaster
Thank you for working with us for change!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.