Temple or ryokan stay in Karuizawa, Kanazawa or Takayama?

Welcome to the Accessible Japan community forums!

If you have a question about accessible travel in Japan, just pop it in one of the forums below and we'll find you an answer! If you don't know where your question should go, or have a suggestion for a new forum, plase put it in the General Discussion forum.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Accessible Japan 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    patrikk
    Participant

Can you also recommend a temple or a ryokan to stay in at Karuizawa, Kanazawa or Takayama? One there is for disabled and has beautiful japaneese surroundings?

Accessible Japan
    Keymaster

Hi

Near Kanazawa, there is Kisshotei Yamanaka that has an accessible room (kokoro), as does Yunokuni Tensyo.

For Takayama, Gero Onsen Kaiseki Yado Suihouen has an accessible room.

If Nagano is a possibility, this place does great with accessibility: http://www.asama-tamanoyu.co.jp/barrier_free.html (for some reason they don’t share this information on their English website!)

In Kanagawa, Atami Fufu has an accessible room but it is pretty expensive.

patrikk
    Participant

Thank you for the reply! 
    It looks great.
    How was it to travel to Kisshotei Yamanaka, was it accessible in wheelchair by public transport?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Accessible Japan
    Keymaster

Hello

Here is their website: http://kissho-yamanaka.com/english/room/ 

Sorry, I have not been there but was using a book about accessible onsen.

I believe you can take the Kagaonsen Bus from Kagaonsen Station to Nishikatsuragicho Bus Stop and it is a 5 minute walk from there. I called the bus company and the local buses are wheelchair accessible. But, please contact the hotel to confirm.

patrikk
    Participant

Thank you so much for your kindness!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Accessible Japan
    Keymaster

Our pleasure!

You must be logged in to reply.