Temple or ryokan stay in Karuizawa, Kanazawa or Takayama?

Welcome to the Accessible Japan community forums!

If you have a question about accessible travel in Japan, just pop it in one of the forums below and we'll find you an answer! If you don't know where your question should go, or have a suggestion for a new forum, plase put it in the General Discussion forum.

Also, if you have information that is not yet on the website, we would love it if you could add it here in the forum - it could help so many people looking for the same information! Thanks!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      patrikk
      Participant

Can you also recommend a temple or a ryokan to stay in at Karuizawa, Kanazawa or Takayama? One there is for disabled and has beautiful japaneese surroundings?

Hi

Near Kanazawa, there is Kisshotei Yamanaka that has an accessible room (kokoro), as does Yunokuni Tensyo.

For Takayama, Gero Onsen Kaiseki Yado Suihouen has an accessible room.

If Nagano is a possibility, this place does great with accessibility: http://www.asama-tamanoyu.co.jp/barrier_free.html (for some reason they don’t share this information on their English website!)

In Kanagawa, Atami Fufu has an accessible room but it is pretty expensive.

patrikk
      Participant

Thank you for the reply! 
      It looks great.
      How was it to travel to Kisshotei Yamanaka, was it accessible in wheelchair by public transport?

1 user thanked author for this post.

Hello

Here is their website: http://kissho-yamanaka.com/english/room/ 

Sorry, I have not been there but was using a book about accessible onsen.

I believe you can take the Kagaonsen Bus from Kagaonsen Station to Nishikatsuragicho Bus Stop and it is a 5 minute walk from there. I called the bus company and the local buses are wheelchair accessible. But, please contact the hotel to confirm.

patrikk
      Participant

Thank you so much for your kindness!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Our pleasure!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply.