Support Workers when visiting Japan

Welcome to the Accessible Japan community forums!

If you have a question about accessible travel in Japan, just pop it in one of the forums below and we'll find you an answer! If you don't know where your question should go, or have a suggestion for a new forum, plase put it in the General Discussion forum.

Also, if you have information that is not yet on the website, we would love it if you could add it here in the forum - it could help so many people looking for the same information! Thanks!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Caregiver Japan 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author
    Accessible Japan
    Keymaster

For those who would like to get personal care support while visiting Japan, please be sure to check out either Caregiver Japan (https://caregiver-japan.com/) or Hare (https://ha-re.co.jp/, use the email at the bottom).

Caregiver Japan is on the forum here, so if you have questions, they can answer them!

Mishio504
    Participant

Hello,

I am traveling with 2 elderly parents – both can walk but only short distances before getting tired.  I am hoping to find a service that can arrange to help me push one of the 2 wheelchairs during our sightseeing in Tokyo.  They will walk some distance and need wheelchair for when they are tired.  This is for a few hours a day for two to three days.  Can you help provide information/availability for late October and a fee structure for this type of help?   

Thank you in advance.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Accessible Japan
    Keymaster

The company listed above can likely help you.  I’ll ask the owner to comment here. :)

Caregiver Japan
    Participant

Caregiver Japan
    Participant

Hi, Mishio!

I can definitely help you. I can arrange a person who can push the wheelchair.

I need more details, so please look for me on Facebook.

My name is Hazuki Tochino.

Michael777
    Participant

I am planning on doing a study abroad in Japan. I am a C5 spinal cord injury quadriplegic. I am fairly independent during the day, but I need help getting dressed and getting into my wheelchair in the morning and I need help getting out of my wheelchair and into the bed at night. I plan to take someone with me to help, but if I needed to, could I hire a helper to help me?

Accessible Japan
    Keymaster

Sure, I know just the place! 
    I’ll ask Ms Tochino to reply to you. 

Caregiver Japan
    Participant

Hello!

Dear Michael,

I could help you out!

Could you contact me?

My email address is 

[email protected].

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Michael777
    Participant

I tried to email you, but it said that your email address was wrong.

Accessible Japan
    Keymaster

Maybe try the website:

https://caregiver-japan.com/

Caregiver Japan
    Participant

If you cannot reach me, could you try the following email?

[email protected]

You must be logged in to reply.