Shibuya

Welcome to the Accessible Japan community forums!

If you have a question about accessible travel in Japan, just pop it in one of the forums below and we'll find you an answer! If you don't know where your question should go, or have a suggestion for a new forum, plase put it in the General Discussion forum.

Also, if you have information that is not yet on the website, we would love it if you could add it here in the forum - it could help so many people looking for the same information! Thanks!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Accessible Japan 4 weeks ago.

• Author
    Accessible Japan
    Keymaster

Leave your questions or comments about Shibuya here!

Dondiebucmer
    Participant

Visiting Sibuya during winter time after a brief layover at Haneda.  Plane arrives at 3;25 pm and leaving by midnight.  Therefore, me and my wife will have a short time to travel and browse Sibuya.  Never been in Japan before so I get lost of new culture and translation.  

1.  Was informed that we should take the limousine bus at Haneda and back to airport as well.  I was thinking of taking trains (Keiyo Lines)  in going back to make it faster.  What would you recommend?

2.  What landmark should we remember if we take Limosine bus?  Or the train?

3.  It is December 17th, is it enough to have thick jacket and layers of clothing.  We are from Los Angeles and our coldest here is 50F.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Accessible Japan
    Keymaster

Hello,

To start with your coat question, it can get very cold here in the winter and due to the moisture, it can feel colder than the temperature gauge says!  But if it is just for a layover, then a thick jacket and layers should be enough.

Before answering the bus question, what type of mobility needs do you have?  The Airport Limousine Bus does have a few lift-equipped buses, but the timing is very limited and the train would be better.  If it is possible to walk a bit (and up the bus steps), any airport bus can put a folding wheelchair in the luggage area.  Are you or your wife wheelchair users? 

You must be logged in to reply.