Move to Japan

Welcome to the Accessible Japan community forums!

If you have a question about accessible travel in Japan, just pop it in one of the forums below and we'll find you an answer! If you don't know where your question should go, or have a suggestion for a new forum, plase put it in the General Discussion forum.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Accessible Japan 2 months ago.

• Author
    borntoroll89
    Participant

Hi,

I love Japan and my big Dream is to live there! But I guess it is difficult to move especially when you need lot of help everyday :( Has someone Tips or how I can start?

Thank you so much :)

Best wishes Julia

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Accessible Japan
    Keymaster

Hello,

First of all, it is possible!  I (Josh) use attendant care and have moved here.  As a resident of your city, you are entitled to the same services as everyone else, including public welfare.

You need to get in the country though.  To become resident of a city, you must be legally allowed to reside in the country – this means a visa.  Visas have a couple of types: student, working, spouse etc.  And they all require a sponsor (a school, employer, spouse, etc).  

So before working through the logistics of personal care, you will need a way into the country.  Do you have any leads in that area?

borntoroll89
    Participant

Accessible Japan
    Keymaster

Hmmm…. Can you please try sending your reply again? It came up blank…

borntoroll89
    Participant

Of course I was surprised as well because there is just blank now ^^ I love Japanese Culture and Products more than here in Germany ^^ I only have a High School graduation but of course I would love to help and do mostly everything to give something back for the Society but I guess of course you won’t get a Visa if you don’t have a Job or Relatives there :( but it is logical <3

Thank you very much for your Reply and Encouragement :) 

Accessible Japan
    Keymaster

For the most part, you need a college degree for work visas here.  But maybe you could consider coming as a student?  A student also gets the same services.

Have you visited Japan before? 

borntoroll89
    Participant

To be honest not but I definitely want to! So I am very happy to find that here and that this Forum and Site exists is Awesome! Thank you for that :) 

Accessible Japan
    Keymaster

Keep the questions coming!  And also feel free to share any useful information you find!

I highly recommend you visit before planning on living here though.  I visited 4 times.  It helps you build a network of people who will be invaluable later.

You must be logged in to reply.