Home Page Forums Travel and Transportation Trains, Buses and taxis Looking for Wheelchair Accessible Van with English Speaking Driver

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

We are traveling to Tokyo for the 2020 Paralympic Games August 22nd to September 3rd. We have a son in an electric wheelchair and are looking for a wheelchair accessible van with an English speaking driver to transport us from our hotel to the various competition venues, as well as for sight seeing.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Keymaster

Hello,

I totally recommend Wilgo, I’ll get them to jump in on the discussion :)

Participant

Hi, Anna:
    Here is our site of Wilgo.
    https://odekakeoffice.jp/en/
    Due to the height inside the cabin, your son’s wheelchair might not fit.  Please check the specification at FAQ section here at:
    https://odekakeoffice.jp/en/ufaqs/2-b/
    Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
    All the best,

Participant

I am a wheelchair accessible taxi company manager/ driver based in suburban Tokyo. Though, my main customers are local elderlies, sometimes I have foreign guests. I’ve taken them to Mt. Fuji, Hakone or Tokyo city tours. I would like to drive for those who’s coming from abroad, cause I’d like to enjoy with them as my business. I know english and a little french. Enchanté!!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

Hi, Mr. Abe:

It would be great to collaborate with you to assist guests coming to Tokyo.

All the best,

Participant

Are you Wilgo owner? Thank you for replying to my message.

I think I am going to call you tomorrow. Hope see you soon!!

Participant

Masahiro San,

I do not know how to send you a first message. We are looking for a wheelchair accessible taxi to take us from Narita to Ichikawa,  where we are staying. We arrive August 27th. Would you be able to transport us from point to point outside the Tokyo area?

Thank you!

Participant

Callie14 san,

Thank you for your message,

I heard about your request from Wilgo Taxi.

Wilgo will let me know the size of your wheelchair. If your wheelchairs and all your belongings fit my car, that is rather small, I can accept your offer. So, please communicate with Wilgo so far.

Thank you,

Keymaster

Hello Mr. Abe,

Can you tell us the type of car you have?  Thank you

Participant

Hello!

Have tried getting a quote for an airport transfer from Trojan taxi company but having trouble getting in touch. We need to get from Narita to our hotel in Shinjuku-ku. I have also been in touch with Wilgo, who have provided a quote. We have 3 people, one of whom is in an electric wheelchair.

We’ve got quite a lot of luggage with us and are dubious about being able to take the train- do you have any advice?

Cheers,

Lucy

Keymaster

You could also try https://www.charterbus-limousine.com/

Participant

Hi,

Wilgo can arrange the porter service for your luggages from Narita and to Haneda.  Not like a delivery service, your luggages will be on additional cargo vehicle and drive along with Wilgo.  This means all of you and your luggages gets to your hotel at same time.

Although it’s convenient for you, the cost for additional vehicle is almost same as one for Wilgo ride.

All the best,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.