Karaoke

Welcome to the Accessible Japan community forums!

If you have a question about accessible travel in Japan, just pop it in one of the forums below and we'll find you an answer! If you don't know where your question should go, or have a suggestion for a new forum, plase put it in the General Discussion forum.

Also, if you have information that is not yet on the website, we would love it if you could add it here in the forum - it could help so many people looking for the same information! Thanks!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Cedar
      Participant

Hi

We will be visiting Tokyo at the end of March / start of April and one of our group of 4 uses a manual wheelchair. We’d all love to spend an evening hiring a booth in a karaoke place, and we were wondering if anyone could recommend an accessible one?

Thanks!

C

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Accessible Japan
      Keymaster

Sure, I’m sure we can find something.  Most places are willing to rearrange furniture in the room to accommodate wheelchair users, so it is just a matter of whether or not the building itself is accessible or not.

It is likely best to go to one near your hotel, what is the nearest station to your hotel?

Cedar
      Participant

Thank you!

We are staying near the Monzennakacho station.

Accessible Japan
      Keymaster

Hello,

This karaoke, Monzennakacho Fudomae Big Echo, is accessible: https://goo.gl/maps/CSDGYSNAm6Uytu6y9

(Note: there is another Big Echo Karaoke by the station that is not accessible.)

There is an elevator at the entrance:

karaoke

I called and the staff said it is fine, but suggested it is best to book in advance (nothing drastic, just a few hours before) so they can move furniture for you.

Sing your heart out!

Accessible Japan
      Keymaster

By the way, this one doesn’t list itself as being accessible, but is near your hotel.  There are others that are classified by the company that as wheelchair friendly as well, but would mean going to another area.  Let me know if that is of interest and I can add them.

Cedar
      Participant

Thank you!! That’s really helpful, and thank you for ringing them too 😀

I’ll be back soon with more questions, but in the mean time I’ll read that Maid Cafe article.

Cedar

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply.