Hotel Ann Asakusa

Welcome to the Accessible Japan community forums!

If you have a question about accessible travel in Japan, just pop it in one of the forums below and we'll find you an answer! If you don't know where your question should go, or have a suggestion for a new forum, plase put it in the General Discussion forum.

Also, if you have information that is not yet on the website, we would love it if you could add it here in the forum - it could help so many people looking for the same information! Thanks!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      kd88
      Participant

I’ve tentatively booked Hotel Ann Asakusa after noticing they offer universal rooms, however I’m not sure how wheelchair-friendly it is. I found this photo of an adapted bathroom that looks nicely set up for wheelchairs, but I haven’t been able to find any other details (door widths, space inside the room, etc.).

hotel ann asakusa

Has anyone stayed here or checked it out before?

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Accessible Japan
      Keymaster

Hi,

There is barely any information on the hotel – even in Japanese!  I couldn’t find any pictures other than the one you posted…

I called and they have 1 accessible room with a double bed and about 18㎡ to move around in (“enough for a wheelchair” I was told…).  They do not have a shower chair.

The hotel itself doesn’t show their rooms on the website, and no pictures of the accessible room on other sites according to the staff, so it may be safer to avoid it if you have specific needs…

Hope this helps.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply.