Help me find accommodation in Tokyo

Welcome to the Accessible Japan community forums!

If you have a question about accessible travel in Japan, just pop it in one of the forums below and we'll find you an answer! If you don't know where your question should go, or have a suggestion for a new forum, plase put it in the General Discussion forum.

Also, if you have information that is not yet on the website, we would love it if you could add it here in the forum - it could help so many people looking for the same information! Thanks!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #6207


      I am looking for an apartment in Tokyo as I am going to study during 3 months from April to June there. I am a wheelchair user so it turned out to be difficult to find an accessible building. The most important for me is no stairs and steps at the entrance of the building. It would be great if the bathroom doorway could be 60 cm. But it is ok if it wouldn’t.

      Help please to find something appropriate.

      The area of my language school is Bunkyo, Ueno, Akihabara.

      Thank you!

      1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #6208
      Accessible Japan


      Is there a coordinator at the school for student relations?  Often schools will have a person to help find housing. (If you are renting an apartment, you will need someone to act as the guarantor.)

      If so, we can send them some resources in Japanese.


      1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply.