Home Page Forums Just for Fun Book: Understanding Japan

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 1 month ago by AvatarAccessible Japan.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Understanding Japan

Anyone interested in Japan, or anyone wanting to expand their knowledge of Japan’s Rich History & Culture, I highly recommend the audio-book “Understanding Japan: A Cultural History” By: Mark J. Ravina (who also narrates it). Each chapter is set up like an interesting and informative mini college lecture building on each other. It includes a bit of history, legends, politics, and more all intertwined together. I Just finished it (12hr run-time), and I found it was very well written and clarifies many common misconceptions about Japan.

Link to Audio-book:

https://www.audible.com/pd/Understanding-Japan-Audiobook/B011LUCFZU?pf_rd_p=ae76b2bb-e63d-4a67-b357-dab3dee05ca1&pf_rd_r=YX632KFZ0TVW2Q20MFVR&ref=a_lib_c4_libItem_B011LUCFZU&fbclid=IwAR2fr6lgrNILWyqLv0Mnr_RLt9yDAW-SIIV2w36RZEQ2lR7A6OJnMyi5Arg

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Keymaster

How long are the chapters?

Participant

There are 24-lectures, each being a chapter, and they run approximately 30-minutes each. I also forgot to mention that the version I linked also comes with a supplemental “course guide” downloadable PDF, it follows the audio-book and has many pictures to reference to while listening.

Keymaster

Great! Thanks for the input :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.