Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills

Welcome to the Accessible Japan community forums!

If you have a question about accessible travel in Japan, just pop it in one of the forums below and we'll find you an answer! If you don't know where your question should go, or have a suggestion for a new forum, plase put it in the General Discussion forum.

Also, if you have information that is not yet on the website, we would love it if you could add it here in the forum - it could help so many people looking for the same information! Thanks!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Accessible Japan 2 months ago.

• Author
    HofstraJet
    Participant

Hello,

Do you have any information on the Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills wheelchair accessible room? I made a reservation there and the manager assures me that the room is accessible. but given the lack of standards I am concerned. The office I am visiting is in the same building so it would be best to stay there if possible. Otherwise, I’m booked at The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho as a backup. Thanks!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Accessible Japan
    Keymaster

Hello,

I had a quick tour there a few years ago and have the impression it was OK (and it is a foreign brand which tends to follow American standards).  We would love to do some research for you.  Is there anything in particular you would like to know?

Which room type is it?

HofstraJet
    Participant

Thanks – that would be greatly appreciated.  It is listed as a 2 twin bed room (by the pricing, it is the basic 2 twin bed room).  If you want additional details specific to my stay, feel free to email me.  When I’m there, I’d be happy to send you pictures of the room with a tape measure for passageways so future readers know what the room looks like.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Accessible Japan
    Keymaster

Hello,

Just called and they said “all rooms are designed to be large enough for a wheelchair”.  The staff then said that they have a “universal room” which is a twin room with:

• extra wide doors
    • lowered hangers in the closet
    • sink that a wheelchair can fit under
    • roll in shower with handrails and a shower chair

So, make sure you get that room if needed.

Here is a video featuring the regular twin room:

Here is one of the hotel, and the double bed room (which appears to only differ from the twin by bed type):

If you do stay in the universal room at Andez, please do send us lots of pictures!

You must be logged in to reply.