Accessible Ryokan in Hakone Area

Welcome to the Accessible Japan community forums!

If you have a question about accessible travel in Japan, just pop it in one of the forums below and we'll find you an answer! If you don't know where your question should go, or have a suggestion for a new forum, plase put it in the General Discussion forum.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Accessible Japan 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    kd88
    Participant

I’m interested in staying at a ryokan for an overnight trip to Hakone from Tokyo. Does anyone have experience with the Ashinoko Hanaori or Pax Yoshino? They both have barrier free rooms and Pax Yoshino’s website mentions barrier free access to one of the private baths, but I’m not sure to what extent it’s actually barrier free.

Does anyone know of any other ryokan with accessible private baths in the area?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Accessible Japan
    Keymaster

I actually have plans to go to Pax Yoshino next week. So I can let you know!

I’m not sure about the other place. However if you have specific questions, I can get in touch with them if you want.

Best,

Josh 

kd88
    Participant

Amazing, enjoy your trip and I’ll look forward to hearing about it!

Accessible Japan
    Keymaster

Hi again.

Here is the info for Hakone Pax Yoshino:

https://www.accessible-japan.com/hotels/japan/kanagawa-1/hakone/mid-range/hakone-pax-yoshino/

The private bath is usable (likely more so than Ashinoko Hanaori’s) since there is more room to sit and it is made of wood (not stone).  However… the en-suite bath/shower area is not accessible (if you cannot walk)!  I was taken aback.  

You must be logged in to reply.