- November 6, 2021 at 3:06 pm #11181
Hi I from Malaysia Want to ask youIs there anything about TokyoAccessible Language
- November 9, 2021 at 2:40 pm #11182
We don’t currently have any information on accessible language schools. @schroth-sensei may know more.
- November 9, 2021 at 3:10 pm #11184
I’m not sure how much help I can be but I’ll try.
First, what kind of school are you looking for?
Is it a Japanese Language School that is physically accessible for someone who uses a wheelchair?
And, is the student a child or adult?
- November 18, 2021 at 9:01 am #11204
Thank you for your reply
I need to find a Japanese language school
Yes that school can give a wheelchairenter
I am adult
- November 18, 2021 at 1:57 pm #11205
Here are a few Universities that I’m aware of with accessibility options in the Tokyo area, I’m certain there are many more but I haven’t personally contacted them. Be aware that they don’t necessarily have Language courses year-around, their degrees vary, and admission fees and tuition can be very different between schools.
- email: JLPINQUIRY@info.keio.ac.jp
- website: https://www.keio.ac.jp/en/
- Note: I have emailed them and asked about wheelchair accessibility, they have told me that some areas may be not accessible, but they are willing to work with people living with such disabilities.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- website: https://www.sophia.ac.jp/eng/index.html
- Note: I have emailed them and asked about wheelchair accessibility, they are willing to work with people living with such disabilities, they have an accessible dorm room but it’s usually full.
The University of Tokyo
- email: email@example.com
- website: http://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/index.html
- Note: I have emailed them and asked about wheelchair accessibility, they are willing to work with people living with such disabilities, they have a Disability Services Office (http://ds.adm.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/index.html).
I hope that helps,
Accessible Japan or myself are not affiliated with any of the listed Universities, nor can we be 100% certain of their accessibility. If you’re interested in any of these schools, please contact them directly to confirm that any accessible requirements you may need are available.
- November 18, 2021 at 11:04 pm #11206
Thank you for the information.
This information This helped me a lotI am gratefulI Ihave one more question Would you like to ask if your team is responsible for leading the way? If those with barriers want to know where？
- November 19, 2021 at 9:48 am #11207
Can you clarify what you mean? We are not really involved with schools, just with helping people find information.
- December 14, 2021 at 11:03 pm #11221
Hi Excuse me I want to Find Ordinary accessible language school
- December 15, 2021 at 4:17 am #11222
If you are asking for non-University Japanese Language schools, there are dozens (if not more) of them in the Tokyo area. They can vary in pricing and course lengths, and from what I’ve been told the quality can vary drastically from good to bad as well. I haven’t experienced any myself and it would depend on where you are specifically going to be located to know what’s available in the area, so I can’t recommend any in particular. I would suggest trying an internet search and looking for reviews if these types of school are what you’re looking for. I’m sorry I can’t be of more help with that, but I hope we’ve helped.
- March 1, 2022 at 5:19 pm #11259
This is just to let you know that we have moved our community to TabiFolk. If you have any questions or information about visiting/living/studying in Japan, please ask in the Japan group!
Log in to reply.